Translate

Friday 31 March 2017

March Smalls and Madness

Stitching Lotus Ornament SAL

The Smalls SAL is hosted by Stitching Lotus


This year I will be showing both my Hallowe'en and Christmas SAL partworks as well as any actual smalls I stitch.

I stitched the two Es for Happy Hallowe'en from Imaginating:


And a witch plus cat on a broomstick from Oberlin Sampler's Witches:


Plus the Three French Hens from Joan Elliott's 12 Days of Christmas:


I started a large number of small for this month!  23 in total, all by Just Nan.  This was for Kerry's Theme-tas-stitch March Madness where you had to stitch as many projects as possible in March.  I had 8 projects already in the rotation so needed 23 more to make up the 31.

Here's the 2nd collage of the final 10 projects:


These are the designs included above:

Charm Garden
Potpourri
Honeysuckle Rose
Dragonfly Summer
Floral Sunshine
Butterfly Bouquet
Fairy Roses
Happy Bluebird
Jump for Joy
Thanks a Bunch

The plan is now to focus on one design at a time and stitch 30 stitches a day to complete an average of one per month.  Nice 2 year project there!  Here are all 23:


Is that enough Smalls for you, Heather?

Because of the Ten-a-Day and the Just Nan-a-thon Small Challenge, the pie doesn't show all the projects I stitched on this month.  The Just Nan are there for the days when that was the only thing I stitched.  Here is March's pie and you can see the M is for Mary was the focus this month:



The last regular feature is the Stitch from Stash tally-up.  I bought two bargain cross stitch books for 84p each and renewed my Just Cross Stitch subscription.  Magazine subs are exempt from SFS so it was another good month for me.

March
2 stitch books £1.68
JCS Subs £25.90
Total £27.58



🌟🌟  Blogger of the Week   🌟🌟

Finally we have a new Blogger of the Week, click on the link above and find out who it is.
We will also have a special treat for the beginning of the month.  I will be featuring a non-blogging stitcher.  It may be an Instagrammer or a FlossTuber or some other social media.  Or maybe a stitcher who just leaves comments but doesn't blog themselves.  I would also like to feature non-English speaking bloggers.  So if you know anyone who would like to be featured, please ask them to contact me by email.

19 comments:

Bekah said...

Wow quite the collection of smalls Jo! Working on 30 stitches a day on the newest group is a cool idea, You will have to do a final collage in two years to compare to this one when they are all done.

Kerryp77 said...

Wow Jo, I'm super impressed by your just nan-athon, looking forward to seeing the finishes each month.

Linda said...

Nice progress and great starts Jo. Looking forward to seeing your monthly finish. I think I need to do that so I can get some of gazillion small starts finished.

Linda

Katie said...

Wow. You are just full of beauty in this post. Love them all.

deb said...

All those JNs! Now I'm imagining a *huge* stitching project bag/basket full of this'n'that, beside a comfy chair just waiting for you. The little witch and her cat on the broom are so cute!

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

I love all of your main smalls projects. I think I'd lose track of what I should be working on if I was doing your March madness challenge.

Preeti said...

All the projects are going great!

Susan said...

WOW! You were busy this month. Some day I am going to do something like the Just Nan-athon, but that will have to wait for retirement as I can't face any more WIPs. Everything looks great.

Barb said...

What a wonderful collection of smalls! I especially love the Halloween design that spells out Halloween.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Jo, that past month did it for you. So much stitching on so many projects is definitely very special. And quite obviously Linda's mathematics work perfectly for you as well. Great post.

Mini said...

So many beautiful smalls, it would be lovely to see a series of finishes .

Desiree Ehleiter said...

So many projects... and all so lovely! Still love, love, loving the Joan Elliot. I look forward to seeing your post each week!

Leonore Winterer said...

I love these smalls and I bet they are all looking so great when you get them done! What an interesting month in the blogosphere with everyone doing the Madness.

Vickie said...

Love all the starts!!! I love that you use math to figure out your stitching!! I do too!!!

♥ Nia said...

those halloween pieces look so fun :D
all looking great!!

Astrids dragon said...

Every time I see your Halloween pieces, it makes me want to stitch Halloween and I've got other pieces I need to be working on! But I love it!

Julie said...

That's a lot of JN WIP's, one a month sounds good, hope you can keep it up.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, that's a lot of projects in one month! Great job, Jo, keep it up! :D

Mary's Thread said...

I can't wait to see all these JN pieces as they get finished up. I love Honeysuckle rose-that's a lovely one. And the 12 days hens are gorgeous. I have to say also, I am so enjoying your blogger of the week series. What a fun, interesting group we stitchers are!